Manor gospel discography (1945-49)
- Manor was Irving Berman’s label, from Newark, NJ. The label was in operation between 1945 and 1949. Some titles were recorded earlier though, during World War 2. Manor used quite a few numbering systems and most were used concurrently, so it seems. The label released r&b, jazz, pop, gospel, etc. See also the King Solomon and Regent discographies.
- Arco and Regis were affiliated labels and many of the Manor 78’s were also released on Arco or Regis (or both).
- Manor 100, 101, 102 were issued in Manor album #1 (titled “Spirituals Of The Old South”). Manor 103, 104, 105 were issued in Manor album #2 (title unknown). Manor 8008 and 8009 were in Manor album #104 (title unknown). It is unknown to me if the 78’s in these albums were also sold separately, but they are listed as such below.
- The Heavenly Gospel Singers recorded first as the Heavenly Four of Alabama for King Solomon (1944) and after their Manor years (as the Heavenly Gospel Singers, 1945-48), they recorded for Regent as the Lincoln Gospel Singers (1949).
- Manor 1188 is a reissue of #4000 (Silver Echo Quartette), #1003 is a reissue of #102 (Coleman Brothers).
- The missing numbers in the listing are by secular artists although a few numbers are unknown and some were not used.
- This page lists all known gospel releases on Manor, all in the 78rpm format.
|release||artist||artist as shown||songs||year|
|Manor 100||Coleman Brothers||It's My Desire b/w The End Of My Journey||1946|
|Manor 101||Coleman Brothers||New Milky White Way b/w We'll Understand||1946|
|Manor 102||Coleman Brothers||Plenty Of Room In The Kingdom b/w I Can See Everybody's Mother But Mine||1947|
|Manor 103||Washington, Sister Ernestine||Ernestine B. Washington||My Record Will Be There b/w The Lord Is My Shepherd||1947|
|Manor 104||Washington, Sister Ernestine||Ernestine B. Washington||If I Could Just Make It In b/w Saviour, Don't Pass Me By||1947|
|Manor 105||Washington, Sister Ernestine||Ernestine B. Washington||O Lord, Remember Me b/w Never Turn Back No More||1947|
|Manor 1003||Coleman Brothers||Plenty Of Room In The Kingdom b/w I Can See Everybody's Mother But Mine||1945|
|Manor 1007||Kings of Harmony of Alabama||Precious Lord b/w Lord Give Me Wings||1945|
|Manor 1008||Georgia Peach||Georgia Peach and Skylight Singers||The Road Is Mighty Rugged b/w Does Jesus Care||1945|
|Manor 1011||Silver Echo Quartette||Silver Echo||Sinner Man b/w Land Of Fadeless Day||1945|
|Manor 1020||Sky Light Singers||New Jerusalem b/w Jesus Is Real To Me||1946|
|Manor 1021||Heavenly Four of Alabama||Heavenly Gospel Singers||They Put John On The Island b/w Motherless Children||1946|
|Manor 1024||Kings of Harmony of Alabama||God Shall Wipe All Tears Away b/w I'm A Poor Pilgrim Of Sorrow||1946|
|Manor 1025||Washington, Sister Ernestine||Ernestine Washington and Heavenly Gospel Singers||Jesus Prayed For You And I b/w The Uncloudy Day||1946|
|Manor 1029||Georgia Peach||It's My Desire b/w I Got Somewhere To Lay My Head||1946|
|Manor 1030||Sky Light Singers||Don't Drive Your Children Away b/w Lookin For My Jesus||1946|
|Manor 1033||Heavenly Four of Alabama||Heavenly Gospel Singers||He's My Rock, My Sword, My Shield b/w Standing On The Highway||1946|
|Manor 1043||Kings of Harmony of Alabama||I Love The Name Jesus b/w Have A Little Talk With My Jesus||1946|
|Manor 1051||Smith, Rev. Utah||I Want Two Wings b/w God's Mighty Hand||1947|
|Manor 1054||Silver Echo Quartette||Silver Echo Quartet||Lord Help Me b/w Hold In The Frame||1947|
|Manor 1055||Coleman Brothers||When The Saints Go Marching In b/w New What A Time||1947|
|Manor 1065||Coleman Brothers||My Eye Is On The Sparrow b/w Noah||1947|
|Manor 1069||Willing Four||Naaman b/w You Got To Move||1947|
|Manor 1071||Washington, Sister Ernestine||Ernestine Washington||I Am Going Back To Jesus b/w Some Thru The Water And Flood||1947|
|Manor 1073||Summit Gospel Singers||What Will I Do Without The Lord b/w Please Don't Drive Your Children Away||1947|
|Manor 1074||Dixie Hummingbirds||Book Of The Seven Seas b/w I Just Couldn't Keep It To Myself||1947|
|Manor 1080||Silver Echo Quartette||He Knows Just How Much We Can Bear b/w Moses Smote The Water||1947|
|Manor 1084||Washington, Sister Ernestine||Mme Ernestine Washington and the Southern Sons (?)||The Lord Will Make A Way b/w I Thank You Lord||1947|
|Manor 1089||Littlejohn, Sister Lillie Mae||Dead Cat On The Line b/w Climbing Up The Golden Stairs||1947|
|Manor 1091||Washington, Rev. Frederick||The Wildest Creature (That Ever Lived) b/w What Are You Raising Your Children For||1947|
|Manor 1094||Heavenly Four of Alabama||Heavenly Gospel Singers||Here I Am (Lord Send Me) b/w My Life Is In His Hands||1947|
|Manor 1099||Johnson Brothers||I Love The Name Jesus b/w Remember Me||1947|
|Manor 1100||Washington, Sister Ernestine||Ernestine Washington||What Could I Do b/w God Shall Wipe All Tears Away||1947|
|Manor 1102||Georgia Peach||Georgia Peach, Lois Russell And The Matchless Love Gospel Singers b/w Georgia Peach and Matchless Love Gospel Singers||Precious Memories b/w God Don't Never Change||1947|
|Manor 1122||Washington, Sister Ernestine||Bound For Canaan Land b/w I'm Gonna Live The Life I Sing About||1948|
|Manor 1133||Silver Echo Quartette||Rock My Soul b/w Beaming From Heaven||1948|
|Manor 1134||Heavenly Four of Alabama||Heavenly Gospel Singers||I'm A Poor Pilgrim Of Sorrow b/w Open Up The Pearly Gates||1948|
|Manor 1143||Matchless Love Gospel Singers||What Manner Of Man Is This b/w Dig A Little Deeper||1948|
|Manor 1144||Powers, Prophet||Prophet Powers and Holy Mount Singers||The Tree Of Life (Is Waiting For Me) b/w My Saviour Whispers A Prayer||1948|
|Manor 1151||Washington, Sister Ernestine||Prayer Changes Things b/w We Will Walk Through The Valley||1948|
|Manor 1160||Washington, Sister Ernestine||Each Day b/w Jesus Is All The World To Me||1948-49|
|Manor 1188||Silver Echo Quartette||Blind Barnabus b/w Just A Closer Walk With Thee||1949|
|Manor 1189||Sky Light Singers||Ride On King Jesus b/w I Want To Be More Like Jesus||1949|
|Manor 1198||Washington, Sister Ernestine||In The Garden b/w There's Not A Friend Like Jesus||1949|
|Manor 4000||Silver Echo Quartette||Blind Barnabus b/w Just A Closer Walk With Thee||c. 1946|
|Manor 8008||Selah Jubilee Singers||When Was Jesus Born b/w The Lord Knows Just What I Need||1946|
|Manor 8009||Selah Jubilee Singers||I Don't Know Why I Have To Cry Sometime b/w Walk Together With My Jesus||1946|
|Manor 8019||Silver Echo Quartette||Jezebel b/w Me And The Devil (Had A Tussle)||1946|
|Manor 8020||Silver Echo Quartette||Anyhow My Lord b/w Where Shall I Go||1946|