- Dolphin’s Of Hollywood (c. 1948-51?), Recorded In Hollywood (c. 1949-53) and Hollywood (1953-68) were amongst the many labels run by John Dolphin.
- Click here for an introduction to John Dolphin’s ‘Hollywood’ labels.
- Recorded In Hollywood 100 (W.M.A. Soul Stirrers) was first released on Exclusive 139 (1949) and it was also issued on Dolphin’s Of Hollywood (#160; 1949-50).
- Recorded In Hollywood 101 (Roberta Martin Singers) was also released on Dolphin’s Of Hollywood 115 (as by Roberta Martin).
- Recorded In Hollywood 196 (Rev. Killens) features a sermon on one side (“Great God Almighty”) and a song on the reverse side.
- There’s a Recorded In Hollywood acetate by an unknown group, featuring the songs “Amazing Grace” and “Lord I’ve Tried”.
- Missing numbers are (all?) secular releases.
- This page lists all known gospel releases (78’s only) on Recorded In Hollywood.
|78's||release||artist||artist as shown||songs||year|
|1||Recorded In Hollywood 100||WMA Singers of Houston, Texas||W.M.A. Soul Stirrers Of Houston, Texas||Thy Holy Will Be Done b/w What Jesus Is To Me||1950|
|2||Recorded In Hollywood 100||Heavenly Bound Gospel Singers||Blessed Are The Pure In Heart b/w Lord, Hold My Hand||1950|
|3||Recorded In Hollywood 101||Martin Singers, Roberta||Roberta Martin Singers of Chicago||Only A Look b/w Jesus||1950|
|4||Recorded In Hollywood (?)||L.A. Spiritual Singers||In My Heart b/w Old Blind Barnabus||1950|
|5||Recorded In Hollywood 191||7 Bells Gospel Singers||Standing Around God Station b/w Just Anyhow||1952|
|6||Recorded In Hollywood 192||7 Bells Gospel Singers||Soldiers Of The Cross b/w Motherless Child||1952|
|7||Recorded In Hollywood 196||Killens, Rev. G.W.||Rev. G.W. Killens and the Mt. Calvary Congregation b/w Rev. G.W. Killens||I Love The Lord b/w Great God Almighty||1952|
|8||Recorded In Hollywood 197||Rising Star Gospel Singers||Hollywood Rising Stars||Lord I Tried b/w Amazing Grace||1952|
|9||Recorded In Hollywood 220||Rising Star Gospel Singers||Hollywood Rising Stars||I Don't Want You To Cry Over Me b/w Jesus Keep Me Near The Cross||1952|