Hal-Lo/Halo gospel discography (1964-68)
- Ha-Lo (Halo) was the gospel label of the One-Derful family of labels from Chicago, IL.
- The label name was spelled Ha-Lo for the first eight releases, then it became Halo.
- There were 24 gospel 45’s released between 1964 and 1968; #6 and 13 have (probably) not been released and #17 has been released twice.
- In 2015 Secret Stash Records released a 2LP/1CD titled “The One-Derful! Collection: Halo Records”. This album gives a nice overview of the label’s output and it also featured previously unreleased tracks by the Redemption Harmonizers, the Flying Clouds of Joy, the Saints of Glory, the Beautiful Tones, the Salem Travelers, the Heavenly Wonders and the Original Ensemble. A small number of LP pre-orders contained a bonus 45 with two more unreleased tracks by the Salem Travelers. Check this Discogs page for more information and images.
- This page lists all known Ha-Lo/Halo gospel 45’s.
[table “” not found /]