Hollywood gospel discography (1953-58)
- Dolphin’s Of Hollywood (c. 1948-51?), Recorded In Hollywood (c. 1949-53) and Hollywood (1953-68) were among the many labels run by John Dolphin.
- Click here for an introduction to John Dolphin’s ‘Hollywood’ labels.
- #1095 was the last gospel release on the Hollywood label (1958).
- Hollywood 1069 was earlier released on Recorded In Hollywood 196 (1952).
- Hollywood 1073 may have been released as by Andrew Johnson as well.
- Hollywood 1078 (Abraham Brothers) was also released on Sullivan (with the same number).
- Missing numbers are (all?) secular releases.
- This page lists all known Hollywood gospel releases. Most issues have been released in both the 78rpm and the 45rpm format.
|78's, 45's||release||artist||artist as shown||songs||year|
|1||Hollywood 1002||Rising Star Gospel Singers||Rising Star Singers||Moses b/w Is The Blood Running Warm||1953|
|2||Hollywood 1007||Narcisse, Rev. Louis||Bishop Narcisse||He That Believeth b/w My Mind Standing On Jesus||1954|
|3||Hollywood 1010||Soul Comforters||Original New Orleans Soul Comforters||Radio Television In My Heart b/w The Lord's Ten Commandments||1954|
|4||Hollywood 1017||Soul Comforters||Original New Orleans Soul Comforters||Pray And Have Faith (In The Lord) b/w Broadcast The Power Of Jesus||1954|
|5||Hollywood 1036||Campbell, Rev. Richard||Campbell with the Wonder Boy, Rev.||You Can't Hurry God b/w Old Ship Of Zion||1955|
|6||Hollywood 1037||Campbell, Rev. Richard||Campbell with the Wonder Boy, Rev.||No Room For Liars b/w Stop That||1955|
|7||Hollywood 1038||Senior Harmony Gospel Singers||Telephone In My Bosom b/w Send Your Blessings Down||1955|
|8||Hollywood 1039||Soul Comforters||Original New Orleans Soul Comforters||Long Long Ago b/w It's Me (Standing In The Need Of Prayer)||1955|
|9||Hollywood 1041||Golden Voices||Climbing The Ladder b/w King Jesus Rolls All Burdens Away||1955|
|10||Hollywood 1042||Soul Comforters||Original New Orleans Soul Comforters||White Christmas b/w Silent Night||1955|
|11||Hollywood 1048||Mitchel Aires Quartet||He's That Rock b/w Lord, Will I Meet Them Again||1955|
|12||Hollywood 1049||Southern Six||It's Me, Oh Lord b/w I Want A Home||1955|
|13||Hollywood 1050||Abraham Brothers||You Can Go To Heaven b/w I Heard Zion Moan||1955|
|14||Hollywood 1061||Franklin with Sister Mable Franklin, Jay||Give Me Strength To Carry On b/w Marching To Glory||1956|
|15||Hollywood 1064||Campbell, Rev. Richard||Campbell with the Wonder Boy, Rev.||This Is A Mean Old World b/w You Can't Fool God||1956|
|16||Hollywood 1069||Killens, Rev. G.W.||I Love The Lord b/w Great God Almighty||1956|
|17||Hollywood 1073||Southern Six||This Old Life Of Mine b/w Jesus, Hold My Hand||1957|
|18||Hollywood 1076||Gospel Stars with Mae Gooch||The Lamb On The Altar b/w He Lives||1957|
|19||Hollywood 1078||Abraham Brothers||He'll Answer You b/w We'll Meet In The City||1957|
|20||Hollywood 1095||Sensational Florida Hurricanes||Just Another Day b/w Just A Little Lower||1958|