Dolphin’s Of Hollywood gospel discography (1949-51)
- Dolphin’s Of Hollywood (c. 1948-51?), Recorded In Hollywood (c. 1949-53) and Hollywood (1953-68) were amongst the many labels run by John Dolphin.
- Click here for an introduction to John Dolphin’s ‘Hollywood’ labels.
- Dolphin’s Of Hollywood 111 (Sallie Martin) was first issued on Exclusive 136.
- Dolphin’s Of Hollywood 115 is the same as Recorded In Hollywood 101 (but #115 listed Roberta Martin instead of the Roberta Martin Singers).
- Dolphin’s Of Hollywood 124 (Ward Singers) was first issued on Exclusive 134.
- Dolphin’s Of Hollywood 160 (W.M.A. Soul Stirrers) was originally released on Exclusive 139 and it was also reissued on Recorded In Hollywood 100.
- Missing numbers are (all?) secular releases.
- This page lists all known Dolphin’s Of Hollywood gospel 78’s.
|78's||release||artist||artist as shown||songs||year|
|1||Dolphin's Of Hollywood 111||Martin, Sallie||Sallie Martin and her Nationally Famous Quintette||Jesus b/w Thank You Jesus||c. 1949|
|2||Dolphin's Of Hollywood 112||Martin, Sallie||Sallie Martin Singers||I'm Going To Move On Up A Little Higher b/w King Jesus Will Roll All Burdens Away||c. 1949|
|3||Dolphin's Of Hollywood 115||Martin Singers, Roberta||Roberta Martin||Jesus b/w Only A Look At Jesus||c. 1949|
|4||Dolphin's Of Hollywood 123||Ward Singers||Famous Ward Singers of Philadelphia||Just One Moment b/w When I Get Home||c. 1949|
|5||Dolphin's Of Hollywood 124||Ward Singers||Famous Ward Singers||How Far Am I From Canaan, Pt. 1 b/w How Far Am I From Canaan, Pt. 2||c. 1949|
|6||Dolphin's Of Hollywood 131||Simmons-Akers Singers||He Delivered Me b/w Jesus Is The Name||c. 1950?|
|7||Dolphin's Of Hollywood 141||Little Judy||Thank You Jesus b/w I Had A Little Talk With Jesus||c. 1951?|
|8||Dolphin's Of Hollywood 150||Gay Sisters||Celebrated Gay Sisters of Chicago||Have A Little Talk With Jesus b/w Old Rugged Cross||c. 1951|
|9||Dolphin's Of Hollywood 160||WMA Singers of Houston, Texas||W.M.A. Soul Stirrers of Houston, Texas||What Jesus Is To Me b/w Thy Holy Will Be Done||c. 1951|